Garbage & Recycling
The Mount Brydges Transfer Station is open additional hours this fall to accept leaves and yard waste. View the flyer to learn more.
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc contracts Bluewater Recycling Association for the co-collection of recyclables and garbage. Residents are encouraged to visit the Bluewater Recycling Association website to find up-to-date information regarding delays and cancellations. The company website also provides details on items that are acceptable for collection.
New Automated Collecting Service
Bluewater Recycling Association is launching a new automated garbage and recycling collecting service in January 2013. New "wheelie" garbage and recycling bins were delivered to each household starting the week of November 19, 2012. Service commenced on Monday, January 7, 2013.
- View the new garbage and recycling collection schedule. (PDF [931 kB])
- Learn about the recyclable materials that will be accepted with the new automated collecting service. (PDF [2,958 kB])
- Learn more about this cleaner, more efficient, and safer collection system. (PDF [978 kB])
- View a step-by-step image of the Automated Collection process (PDF [2,619 kB])
For more information on Garbage & Recycling, please visit the following links:
- View the collection schedule for your area.
- Reduce household waste by composting.
- Learn about options for hazardous waste disposal.
- Read the responsibilities of residents related to garbage and recycling.
Set pick-up reminders, view complete program details, and learn what goes where with Bluewater Recycling's MyWaste app for Apple and Android devices.
- View poster with QR code to download the app directly to your device
- Visit the MyWaste website to learn more
Transfer Stations and Electronic Waste
The Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc operates two transfer stations for the disposal of non-household waste (including electronic waste). For more information on location, hours of operation, and tipping fees, please visit the transfer station page.