For emergency assistance, call 911. This service quickly links callers to Police, Fire, and/or Ambulance Services.

When to call 911

You should dial 911 if an incident is:

  • an emergency;
  • in progress;
  • an immediate danger to yourself or someone else.

What is a non-emergency?

Call the Strathroy-Caradoc Police Service non-emergency line using 519-245-1250 when:

  • A crime has occurred that requires a police investigation; however, the crime is not currently in progress and there is no immediate threat/danger to public safety or property or injuries sustained;
  • To make a report e.g. traffic complaint;
  • Looking for police advice or information;
  • To contact any member at the Strathroy-Caradoc Police Service.


If you dial 911 by accident

If you dial 911 on error do not hang up. Please stay on the line and speak with a dispatcher and explain what occurred so they can confirm that you do not require any police assistance.

Text 911 and Telecommunications devices for the deaf

Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) is available for the deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, speech impaired, and nonverbal members of the community. Contact your cellular phone provider to register your cellular phone at no extra cost.  Learn more about T9-1-1 here:


Crime Stoppers

Crime Stoppers provides you a way to provide information anonymously to police. Contact Crime Stoppers by dialing 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) on your telephone. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to “Call Display” or “Call Trace” and does not record telephone conversations.

Tips can also be submitted through the Crime Stoppers website or through the Crime Stoppers mobile app.